So now I'm up to two incidences with the "polizi" since being in Germany! Oopsy...
They're SO strict around here!
One evening, we're standing in the train station handing out tracts, singing, telling about Jesus and making new friends, when the men in green appear, and tell us we must not hand out any more tracts. Being foreign, AND blonde is very helpful sometimes...I can play the dumb card pretty well! So I started explaining who we were and where we were from, then asked if one of the officers would like a tract. They got quite stressed out, and told us no more music either. Apparently it is against the law to sing in the trainstation. So we were asked to please leave the premises...
Then, yesterday, we were fishing from the queyside, when my Indian bro, Parmish, hooked our line on the ship's huge thick mooring lines! I begun climbing out over the water attempting to unhook the six little barbs, when I glanced up and noticed a "polizi" boat roaring toward me! They pulled up underneath and started yelling about "fishing cards"...which none of us had...and it's a thousand euro fine for fishing without one! Slight problem...so I started chatting to them like we were old friends, pretending not to quite understand, and asked them if they could pull their boat a little closer under our mooring lines, and unhook my fishing line please, cos I couldn't reach. They started getting really stressed out, and just kept going on about these fishing cards, til I finally said, "oh! You want us to get a card?" and they were like "YEH!" So I asked where we would do it and how much they would be, and then said we might go get one some time...and they went off again..."NO! No fishing EVER without fishing card!" And I was like "Ohhhhh....Oh so we need a fishing card? Oh ok then! Right! Yeh!" And they shook their heads, said a few more "no fishing without fishing cards", and finally roared away! Whew...close call.
Our big boss, George Verwer, came and preached last night. He was a teenager when this movement "OM" begun...He "begun" it. Very cool guy. He's so passionate about the world. He just longs for EVERYONE to get to know Jesus. There are so many problems in this world, but we're holding the solution right here in our hearts! He's really worked up about HIV and AIDS at the moment. Our brothers and sisters everywhere are being killed slowly and painfully by a dreadful disease, without even knowing how to stop it! And we're chilling out and letting it happen...All they need is a little education and the spread would drop so dramatically...but many believe in ignorance, that sleeping with a virgin will heal them of the disease. There are some towns in Central Africa where HALF of all the sexually active young people are dying...half! It is so aweful. George is working on literature in as many languages as we can get for us to distribute around the world on our ships! And SO many people are praying their hearts out for the infected ones and their children...wow. What a messed up world we live in. But it is so beautiful. And there is so much hope!
Missing you mumma...
Praying for you all. Love you so much.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment