You'll never guess my job this week! I've been in the Oil Purification Room in the engine, cleaning off Heavy Fuel Oil...eew. At one stage, I actually had to hook my feet on a pipe and hang down the inner shell of the ship into a hole which runs to the Bilge Tank (the tank of dirty oil and yuk stuff), so I could reach all the dirty bits! We've got to get it super clean, cos in the next few days we'll also have to paint it. My arms are covered in sores and rashes from the chipped metal, and the paint thinners I used to try clean myself, (not one of your brightest plans so far Beth!). And I have a new dark "tan" which doesn't come off, ending at my sock line! It even soaks through all my underwear! My whole body is a few shades darker...
But we're actually having a bit of fun. My friend and I sing together for hours til our voices are shredded! Then we tell stories. Then sometimes we chat with God. I feel pretty stoked that God thought I could be in on His awesome "ship plan", even if it is just cooking for the crew, or scrubbing Heavy Fuel Oil.
Everyone in the Galley was given the opportunity to spend a week helping out the Project Teams. Now I'm even more excited for Sabboth Week!
Missing you Eastlake Crew! xx
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment